Thursday, August 06, 2009

'Ello Govna'

I love all things British, in the spirit of my adoration I have made this British Bulldog card.
Can you tell that I am in a distressing mode?? To begin I started with a blank white card. I sponged on Antique Linen, Tea Dye, and Vintage Photo Distress Inks, then I added a very little touch of Walnut Stain on the very edge. The awesome bulldog is from Inkadinkado. I stamped him with Jet Black Archival Ink, added a few touches of colour with my Stampin' Up markers, cut him out and then aged him in the same manner as the background. I then mounted him on a piece of black cardstock and cut that out.

Now to the Union Jack, I cut the flag out using my Quickutz Silhouette Craft Cutter it was cut from white cardstock. It was in three layers. I sponged on the background piece with Broken China Distress Ink and then worked in Faded Jeans. Next I worked on the top layer, starting with Worn Lipstick and then Fired Brick Distress Ink. I worked Antique Linen on the light part of the flag. I then assembled my flag, and then aged it following the same process I used on the background of the card. My last step was to mount this to my black cardstock. I stamped the sentiment in Walnut and that was it. This was pretty quick and easy and I think that this bulldog rocks. Have a great night all!

No comments: