Wednesday, September 15, 2010

We're Back!!

Hello Bloggerland -

We have returned from our short vacation to Southern Colorado to visit my husband's family. We had a wonderful time and I have been working hard to get back into the swing of things. Here are a few cards for you today.



To start we have a thank you card, I know that I make a lot of thank you cards but I always needing more.

I first stamped the damask design from Heidi Swapp in Bundled Sage Distress Ink on a white piece of cardstock and then using Vintage Photos I lightly stamped french text over the card base, the stamp is Stampin' Up's En Francais. Next, using my ink blending tools I applied Bundled Sage, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey. I cut the label using the Spellbinders Label Two set. I left the die on the label and sponged it with Tea Dye Distress Ink. Next I stamped the sentiment from Waltzing Mouse Stamps Victorian Frippery in Bundled Sage. I added the two ribbons and fiber to the card mounted on a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock. I adhered the flowers from Prima, added the Hero Arts gems and attached the gem brad from My Minds Eye. Volia!



I have been watching a few YouTube videos on making flowers and here is my attempt at a layered flower. I cut out nine daisy shapes using my Silhouette machine. I made each flower about 1/4 inch smaller. I painted each flower with red watercolor paint. Once dry, I adhered the flowers together and spritzed them with Perfect Pearls in water. For the background I stamped the damask shapes from Papertry Ink's Damask Designs set using Pixie Dust chalk ink. I used a little Tea Dye Distress Ink around the edges and adhered the background to a piece of pink cardstock. I then added the peach ribbon. My last step was to add the small gem from Hero Arts.



My last card for today features the new Wanda's Pantry Stamp Set from Waltzing Mouse Stamps. I stamped the Love label image using Memento Ink. I colored it with an assortment of cool grey Copic markers (C5, C7, C9) and R27. I cut the black label using Spellbinders Label Four set. I stamped the background using an image from Papertrey's Giga Guidelines set, I used Going Grey from Stampin' Up. I then sponged over the background using Going Grey ink with a little Weathered Wood and black Soot on the edges. I then roughed up the edges and added it to a black piece of black cardstock. I added the grey organza ribbon and a little red ribbon. I love this set but just haven't had much time to use it yet.

That's it for today! Have a wonderful week.

No comments: