Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday - Elegant

I don't normally post two in one day but I just couldn't put the Devil Duck card in the same post with Damask. So, you get two.








I began this card with Pink Passion cardstock from Stampin' Up. I stamped the Damask images with Archival Ink in Black and then embossed with Black Embossing Powder. All of the stamps in this card are from the Damask Designs set from Papertrey Ink. Once I had all of the Damask images stamped and heat set I went over the card with Pixie Pink Ink and then Pink Passion Ink and finally Rose Red Ink using my quarter sponge. With the Pixie Pink and Pink Passion I went around the edges but also over the prints as well. I think that this gives additional depth to the card. With the Rose Red I just stayed on the very edges. My next step was to layer my pink cardstock onto a quarter sheet of Basic Black. I added a bellyband, also in Basic Black, then added the organza ribbons. Both ribbons are from Stampin' Up in Pink Passion and Black. I punched the oval using my Stampin' Up Large Oval punch and edged it with a little pink ink and stamped the sentiment. I added the oval to the card first and then added the pink metallic brads from Memory Makers. I finished off the card with four black eyelets set in the corners, they are from Stampin' Up.





This card was created using Archivers Cardstock in Sand and Burgundy and accented with Brushed Gold cardstock from Stampin' Up. The stamp set is Baroque Motifs from Stampin' Up. I stamped the background swirls with Black Archival ink and then embossed with Stampin' Up Embossing Powder in Burgundy. I then stamped a shadow image using Versamark Dazzle in Champagne. I stamped the main image with Versamark and embossed with Gold Embossing Powder from Zing! I also shadow stamped this image with Versamark Dazzle. The center brad started life as a gold brad but I embossed it with the same Burgundy Embossing Powder as I used earlier in the card.

I really liked the way this card turned out, I hope the recipient thinks so too.

I started with Real Red cardstock from Stampin' Up. I stamped the flourishes, which are from the Kimberly Poloson set called Flourish, in True Black ink from Memento. I then embossed with Black Embossing Powder. I shadow stamped flourishes again using Versamark Dazzle in Champagne. I edged my cardstock with the Corner Chip punch from EK Success. I then edged the cardstock with Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick and Black Soot Distress Inks from Ranger. My next step was to stamp the small flourishes on white cardstock with Memento Ink in True Black and emboss with Black Embossing Powder. I then punched these out using a circle punch from Stampin' Up. I also cut out Basic Black mounts for my circles using the next size up of circle punch. I aged the white circles using Old Paper, Tea Dye and Walnut Stain Distress Inks from Ranger. The Walnut Stain was only applied to the edge of the circles. I added the Black Organza ribbon from Stampin' Up, mounted my circles and then added the Red Gems from Hero Arts.

That is it for today - have a wonderful week!!

No comments: