Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday - Whimsy

We have family that live in the Greater Seattle area and a few years ago my husband and I made a trip up to visit them. There is the most wonderful store called Archie McPhee. They have the strangest and most kitchy products you could ever want. One of my favorite items is the Devil Duck. (My husband thinks that the Zombie Duck is better but he is way wrong.) It is a rubber duck with edge. I made the below card in homage to said Devil Duck.



While most of my card feature some stamping, this one was made completely with my Silhouette Cutter and one EK Success punch. I started with the basic rubber duck from QuicKutz and I free handed the beak, horns and eyebrow in the RoboMaster program. I then cut out the wave shapes and added the white shadow. The skull and cross bone punch is from EK Success.



Sorry this is blurry, I really should make sure that I have gotten a good photo before I give the card away. The main stamped image is Dahlia from The Greeting Farm. I colored her with Copic markers. Most of the cardstock is random pieces from my stash. On the bright teal circle I stamped with a Fancy Pants image in Versamark. The sentiments were cut out using my QK Revolution. The "U" is from the Blossom alphabet set and "rock" is from the Zoe alphabet. The DP is from Fancy Pants. I cut the circles with my Fiskars Circle Cutter.




I was again using my Silhouette Cutter for this card, in fact all images are from QuicKutz. I first cut out the ladybug using Basic Black and Real Red. I shaded the red using Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick and Black Soot Distress Inks from Ranger. The highlights were added using a Sankura White Gel pen. Next I cut the ovals in Real Red and White cardstock. The sentiment was also cut out using my little favorite machine. I added two black brads for accents. My last step was the grass, once I cut that out I added the color using Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress Ink from Ranger. When I add small die cuts to my cards, things like letters, I use Two-Way glue.

No comments: