Friday, January 29, 2010

A Card for Friday

Happy Friday! I am still in the process of relocating my craft room but I have most everything down in the new spot. I am certain that I will be re-arranging everything before it is set. I am loving the nice natural light in my new spot but it is taking a little bit of time to get used to the move.
Today's card is inspired by Tim Holtz. I love all of the ideas on his blog, it is a great place to get inspired.


I started with my quarter sheet of card stock. I laid the Tim Holtz Flourish mask over the cardstock. You can see it in the photo if you look carefully. I am working on my Craft Sheet from Ranger. A must have in your craft arsenal if you ask me. It keeps me from making a huge mess of my craft area.
I spritzed the card with my custom Distress Ink mister, I made it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and Perfect Pearls in Perfect Bronze. You combine that with water in a Mini-Mister. Once I had my color on I lightly blotted at the card with a paper towel to pull the excess off of the mask and to keep the color from puddling on the cardstock.


For the next step, I spritzed opposite corners with Patina Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels. You can see that I let it set on the cardstock a little too long and it pulled a little color under the mask.



I dried my card with my heat gun before going to the Direct-to-Paper techniques. I used Peeled Paint and Broken China Distress Inks applied to the masked area.

My next step was to add a little Vintage Photo Distress Ink to accent the flourish.

I then added a little Walnut Stain and Black Soot Distress Inks to the edges of the card. I then stamped the Hero Arts Antique Flower Background stamp in Archival Black. I somehow forgot to get a photo of this but you can see it in the final photos.


I grabbed a piece of white scrap cardstock and stamped the Hero Arts Elegant Brocade in Peeled Paint Distress Ink and then embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.

Next, I stamped over the brocade with La Letter in Black Soot Distress Ink, this stamp is also from Hero Arts.

I cut the images out using Spellbinders Labels Two and then worked Old Paper Distress Ink onto the whole label. It might have been easier to cut out the label first but hey that's how I roll. :-)

I then added Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges.
I mounted my label to a large label cut from Chocolate Chip cardstock by Stampin' Up. I had distressed the edges of the brown cardstock. I added vintage bronze eyelets from Making Memories.
I added the brown organza ribbon from Creative Impressions and mounted the background to a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock from Stampin' Up. I added some Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges I used a light application so it is a little subtle.
I have a large jar of paper flowers from Prima that I sorted through for the right colors of flowers. As you can see I have a very sophisticated technique for finding the correct flowers. I glued these to the front of my card and added pearls from Kaiser Scrapbooking.
Here is the finished card! Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for visiting!












No comments: