Friday, February 05, 2010

Key to my Heart Card

Happy Weekend!

Thank you for stopping by. Here is my card for the day.



I started with my quarter sheet (actually 4" x 5 1/2") of Vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up! I place my flourish mask over the cardstock and spritzed it with my Vintage Photo Mini Mister and Glimmer Mist in Black Cherry. I sponged off the excess with a paper towel, and then sponged off my craft desk where I missed my craft sheet. I dried the card using my heat gun.


Next, I grabbed my ink blending tool and loaded up with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I sponged this on the flourish.


Then I inked with Tattered Rose Distress Ink.

Then Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.

Then Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. I added a bit of Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink around the edges. Sorry for the blurry photo, I clearly forgot to check it to be sure that I got it in focus before I moved to the next step.

I then stamped the flourish from Regal Classic Accents by Tattered Angels using Adirondack Paint Dabber in Gold.

Once everything was dry I mounted the whole thing to a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock from Stampin' Up.


Next, I started preparing my main element. I started with a Grungeboard key which came from the Elements Grungeboard set. I embossed the key using the Textile Texture folder from Provo Craft. Then I painted it using the Gold Paint Dabber. Once that was dry I put just a little Aged Mahogany ink over the key.


Next, I cut out a heart using my Silhouette Craft Cutter. I then inked the heart as I did the flourish element. Here it is in plain white.

Then I added Antique Linen


Tattered Rose

Worn Lipstick

Aged Mahogany


Brushed Corduroy. Once I finished with the color I embossed the entire heart with Extra Thick Embossing Powder. It took about three passes to get the effect smooth. You can see the embossed heart on the finished card.




So apparently I totally forgot how to use a camera at this point so I'll just tell you what I did. I tied a brown organza ribbon from Creative Impressions around my key. Then I colored a paper flower from Prima using Tattered Angels Creme de Chocolat Glimmer Mist. I added a brown rhinestone by The Paper Studio to the center. The fleur-de-lys charm came from a Hilliary Duff charm set that I found in the clearance section at Michael's. I attached the charm to my ribbon and adhered the flower. Then I attached my key element to the heart. I cut out the Fleur Damask shape using my Silhouette and then painted it with my Gold Paint Dabber.

I added a piece of Vanilla cardstock as a belly band, I aged the edge with Antique Linen. To this I added a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock that I punched with Dotted Wave Edger by EK Success. On top of that I added a piece of Twill Tape from Stampin' Up. On top of the bellyband went the heart and key element. I mounted the whole thing onto a Vanilla cardstock card base.




And there you go . . . .


. . . my little card for the day.



No comments: