Sunday, February 28, 2010

Heart & Crown Baby Cards Part 1

Just watching a little USA vs. Canada Hockey today and I thought that I would post these cards for you. I made the pink one first without thinking of it as a baby card but it just spoke to me and so I made a blue one too.

I'll start with the step-by-step for the pink card first. Look to part two for the details of the blue card.


I started with a pink piece (4" x 5 1/4") of cardstock from Archiver's. I do usually prefer heavier cardstock, but I always have to use my free cardstock coupons.

Using Worn Lipstick Distress Ink I stamped the flourish image from Technique Tuesday's Parisian Market set.

Next, I applied Tattered Rose Distress Ink all over the cardstock also focusing a heavier application around the edges.

I then went over the edges with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink using my Ink Blending Tool.

Next, I added Brushed Corduroy around the very edges.

I then distressed the edges using the Tonic Paper Distresser.


I then added a piece of brown organza ribbon from Creative Impressions and then mounted my pink piece to a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

I then cut out two crowns using my Quickutz Squeeze and crown die. I actually just glued them together so I only colored the top one.

I used Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks. Below you will see the shaded image. I also stamped the shaded crown with a flourish from the Parisian Market set in Worn Lipstick and added brown gems and Distress Stickles in Worn Lipstick and Rock Candy. (You can see these embellishments in the final image)

I cut out the heart using my Silhouette in white cardstock. I then applied Antique Linen Distress Ink to the heart.



I then added Tattered Rose Distress Ink.



I then added Brushed Corduroy on the edge.


I then stamped the large flourish from the Parisian Market set using Tattered Rose Distress Ink. I lightly spritzed the whole heart with water using my Mini Mister to slightly soften in the flourish.



I cut another heart slightly larger then my first heart I then applied Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to the heart.




I then added Walnut Stain to the very edge.



I assembled my pieces and added the gems and pearls to the card. It was at this point I decided to make it a congratulations card.


The sentiment is from My Sentiments Exactly.


Here is a close-up of the crown.

I'll be posting the step-by-step for a blue version too.

No comments: