Saturday, February 27, 2010

With Sympathy Card

Good Evening! I sometimes have trouble coming up with ideas for sympathy cards. I recently needed to create one for some friends that had to put down their beloved dog. So here is my card that I made for them. I was, again, inspired by Jennifer McGuire. You could easily make this into any type of card by changing the sentiment.



I started by cutting out the smaller label with my Spellbinders Nestability Die from the Labels One set.


I then stamped the Antique Flower Background from Hero Arts in Broken China Distress Ink.



Then, using my blending tool I applied Broken China Distress Ink all over the die cut.


Next, I cut another Label from the same set in a larger size.

I edged the label with Antique Linen Distress Ink.




Next, I stamped the butterfly from the Hero Arts set Antique Engravings with Archival Ink in Pitch Black. I then colored the butterfly with Prisma colored pencils and then cut it out.


I then used a pop dot to mount it to the labels.




I then cut a piece of Sage Shadow cardstock and used an EK Success punch to embellish the corners. I also went over the very edge with Dusty Concord.

I then stamped the sage cardstock with the Stampin' Up background stamp Soft Swirls using Versamark Ink.



Then using the Wide Oval punch from Stampin' Up! I cut out a small label from white cardstock. I then applied Antique Linen Distress Ink over the shape. Then I applied Dusty Concord Distress Ink on the edges of the label. My last step was to stamp the sentiment from Stampin' Up!


The I assembled everything. Added two gold brads for an accent.
Lastly, I put all of this onto a piece of purple cardstock and then mounted it all to a white cardstock base.
I am hoping to have a few more cards for you tomorrow. :-)





No comments: