Friday, February 12, 2010

Vintage Valentine

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day. My hubby and I don't have any major plans but I am looking forward to a restful weekend. Today's card is my take on a Vintage Valentine.



So, per usual I started with my quarter-sheet of white cardstock (4" x 5 1/2").


I then aged it with Antique Linen Distress Ink.




I added Frayed Burlap Distress Ink.



I sprayed a little water in my hand and splashed it onto my background. Next, I distressed the edges with my Tonic Distressing Tool.



Then I stamped with Stampin' Up's French Script in Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. I kept the application of the ink a little spotty to give a distressed feel.


Next, I stamped the Medallion from Stampin' Up on two corners using Antique Linen.






I cut out a heart using my Silhouette Digital Cutter and then I aged it with Frayed Burlap and then Aged Mahogany. Once I had done that I used my distress tool again.


I had cut out the Antique Damask image from Silhouette and trimmed it down so I could use just the fleur-de-lys. I usually cut my shapes out of white cardstock and then add color.


I sponged on Gold and Espresso paint from Adirondack. Once that was dry I embossed it with Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. I did two applications to get a smooth finish.


Next, I stamped the clock image using Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. The clock is from the Hampton Art's Clock set. I then cut it out using my Spellbinders Circle Die. I left the circle on the clock to act as a mask and then sponged the inside with Antique Linen.



I removed the die and inked the outer rim with Frayed Burlap. Once that dried I applied a generous coat of Rock Candy Crackle Paint from Ranger. You can see that I was a little sloppy with my application but I knew that I was going to cut part of it so it was no big deal. Once dry, I layered this to a larger circle of brown cardstock. I used my Fiskar's Circle Cutter to cut out the larger circle.





I mounted the background to a quarter-sheet of Sahara Sand cardstock. I adhered the clock to the background, and cut off the piece that was hanging over. I added a brad that I colored with Zing! Embossing Powder in Chestnut.

I then added the heart.


Next I adhered two paper flowers from Prima.

I added a Kaiser Pearl to the center of the flowers and then I added the fleur-de-lys element. For some reason these pearls don't have a very good adhesive so I end up gluing them down.

I then mounted this to a Vanilla cardstock card base.

Here is a close-up of the detail.




Have a Happy Friday and see you soon!


No comments: