Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Another Heart Card

I don't know if it is just because Valentine's Day was just a few weeks ago but I have been feeling hearts. Just to prove it, here is another one. :-)



I started with my basic white heart cut-out using my Silhouette Digital Cutter. I have made up my own ink spritz colors using the Distress ReInkers and Perfect Pearls. I misted the heart with spray made with Fired Brick Ink and Gold Perfect Pearls and the I misted a little Vintage Photo with Bronze Perfect Pearls.

Sometimes I have a happy accident, which is what happened on this next step. I rubbed Versamark Ink all over my heart and then poured Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel on my heart. At the time I didn't realize that my Versamark was drying out so when I hit the heart with my heat gun it blew off a lot of the UTEE. I thought that I'd just see what it looked like and voila! I loved it. I felt like this gave a really distressed metal look. I then inked over the edges with Walnut Stain Ink.


Next, I cut-out the Damask Fleur shape from Silhouette. I cut it apart and painted it using an Adirondack Paint Dabber in Gold.



Next, I cut out the Diamond Grunge Lg from Silhouette in white cardstock and then sprayed it with Tea Dye Distress Ink (no Perfect Pearls).

I then applied Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks over the Tea Dye base.

I then took a plain piece of white cardstock and did a colorwash using Old Paper, Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Inks. Since the colors are pretty light I did the wash about three times, drying with my heat gun between applications.

I mounted my colorwashed cardstock to a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock.

Then added the grunge diamonds on top of that.


I cut two small pieces of cardstock one in Basic Black and the other a matallic from Bazzill. I used my Paper Distresser on both pieces, I loved that the metallic paper had a really different color on the inside.

I then stamped a flourish from the Flourishes set by Bo Bunny using Embossing Ink from Ranger and then embossed with Black Soot Distress Embossing Powder.

I assembled all of my background pieces and added vintage eyelets from Making Memories.

I added my damask wings to my heart.

I added a little reinforcement to the "wings" to be sure that they wouldn't fall off.

I stamped the sentiment from Penny Black on the inside of the card using Black Soot Distress Ink.

I used a ton of foam dots to adhere my heart and damask to the card.

Here is the final product. Perhaps next week I'll make something without a heart on it, maybe not.





















No comments: