Wednesday, March 10, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Card

I love St. Patrick's Day! When I was in college, my mom and I took a trip to Ireland and we spent St. Patrick's Day in Limerick. We had such a great trip! It is fun to remember it every year. In honor of one of my fav holidays I made this little card.

I started with a 4"x 5 1/4" piece of white cardstock. I stamped the image using Bundled Sage Distress Ink, the stamp is Dreamy Leaves from Stampendous.

I then applied Antique Linen Distress Ink over the whole image.

Then added Bundled Sage around the edges.

Lastly, I added Vintage Photo Distress Ink without covering the Sage.

Next, I went to my trusty Silhouette machine and cut out the shape below. It is called Artsy Flourish. Once I cut it out I added Vintage Photo all over the shape.


I then did a colorwash over the Vintage Photo with Suede Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I followed that with a very light mist of Gold Glimmer Mist.

I then cut out a shamrock, again using the Silhouette and white cardstock. I applied Antique Linen all over the shamrock.
Next, I added the Bundled Sage Distress Ink. This is a new color from Tim Holtz and Ranger and I am loving it!

I added Vintage Photo on the very edge. I also went back over the edges with Bundled Sage just to darken them up.


I cut a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Old Olive cardstock from Stampin' Up.
I then edged the cardstock with Vintage Photo.


I mounted the white cardstock to the Old Olive and added a distressed piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock and added a light green organza ribbon.

I then glued the flourish to my shamrock. I also cut out two small hearts, one using a Marvy Uchida punch and the larger was a miscellaneous heart punch. The larger heart was aged with Antique Linen and the smaller with Bundled Sage. I added Distress Stickles in Rock Candy to the green heart and once that was dry I applied Diamond Glaze. It is a little hard to see in the photo but it almost looks like a stone.


I mounted the shamrock to the card. I discovered some old photo corners in my drawer and painted them with Lettuce and Espresso Adirondack Paint Dabbers and completed the card with green gems from Mark Richards.

A close up.


I really like the way this card turned out. Have a great rest of your week.

1 comment:

froebelsternchen said...

SO BEAUTIFUL DONE!