Monday, March 22, 2010

Thank you - 03.22.10

Hello All -

Things are getting a bit hectic over here as we get ready for the baby. My OB said last week that she could come at anytime now, hopefully she'll wait until after our baby shower. I just packed my hospital bag today and put the car set in my car so I guess we are getting pretty close to ready. With all of that, I did manage to sneak in a card today. :-)


This card is for my dad who helped me move one of my horses to a new barn and came with me to check-out a horse trailer. Being almost nine months pregnant makes some of this stuff a little challenging.


I began with a 4"x 5 1/4" piece of white cardstock. I had cut out my own mask using acetate and my Silhouette machine. The shape is one that you can purchase from the online store. It took several passes to get the acetate cut but I am pretty happy with the results. I laid the mask on my cardstock and sprayed the paper with my Tim Holtz mini-Mister filled with Vintage Photo reinker and Perfect Pearls in Gold.


I removed my mask and dried the paper using my heat gun. Once it was dry I reapplied my mask and sprayed my cardstock with Tea Dye reinker in my mini-mister.


Once I dried my paper, I applied Pumice Stone Distress Ink over the flourish.



Then I applied Stormy Sky Distress Ink.


Then I added Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink over the flourish and Black Soot on the edges.



Next, I cut out a label using Spellbinders Labels 1. I stamped the horse image from Creative Impressions with Black Soot Distress Ink. I then applied Antique Linen ink.



I then applied Frayed Burlap and Black Soot on the edges of the shape.




Using the next size up of die I cut out a label in brown cardstock. I then distressed the label using my Tonic Distresser.


Next, I stamped "Thank You" from the Papertrey Ink stamp set Giga Guide Lines using embossing ink and then heat embossed with Gold embossing powder from Zing!




I added a brown ribbon and rick-rack ribbon to the card, the rick-rack is from American Crafts.


I added the horse label using EK Success pop dots. I painted two gold brads using Adirondack paint dabbers in Stream i added these to my labels before I mounted it to my card. Later I added Distress Stickels in Faded Jeans to the brads. I mounted the whole thing to a piece of Charcoal cardstock by The Paper Company.




Have a wonderful week!












































No comments: