Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day Card

Hello All - I know that it has been awhile but the new baby has been keeping us very busy. I did manage to sneak in a card over the course of a few days, working a few minutes at a time. I made this card for my mom for Mother's Day.

I started by cutting out the frame and flowers using my Silhouette Machine. Both elements were purchased from Silhouette. I added text to the center of the frame prior to cutting it out. The text says "Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever." Once cut out I inked the center oval with Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks. I then inked the frame with Weathered Wood and Black Soot Distress Inks. My next step was to color the flowers, for these I used Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord. To give the flowers a little shape I pressed each petal around a small dowel (aka cuticle stick).

For the background, I stamped the damask image from Great Impressions in Dusty Concord and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I am loving this stamp and I am sure you will see more of it. I then applied Milled Lavender over all of the background, then Dusty Concord keeping mostly to the edges. To give added depth to the colors I added Weather Wood and Black Soot Distress Inks around the edges. Once that had a chance to dry I used my Distressing Tool to rough up the edges, added a black organza ribbon from Creative Impressions and adhered the background to a black piece of cardstock. I assembled the card and added gems from My Little Yellow Bicycle and Hero Arts.

A pretty simple but high impact card. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments: