Monday, May 24, 2010

Odds and Ends

Hi All -
Last week I was very motivated to use up the bits and pieces I had around my craft area. I had made some backgrounds and accent pieces and I finally put a few together to make some cards. Because some parts of these cards have been around for awhile it might be a challenge for me to remember all of the techniques or colors I used but I thought I'd share anyway.
For this purple card I applied ink to a piece of white cardstock using sponges (I am pretty sure they were Distress Inks). Once I was happy with the background I let it dry thoroughly. I then stamped over the ink with Versamark ink, the stamp is Regal from Tattered Angels. I then embossed with clear embossing powder. Once that cooled I mixed Twilight Purple and Espresso Adirondack paint on my craft sheet, I made sure that the two colors weren't completely mixed and I then applied the paint over my background with a makeup sponge. I gave that just a minute to dry and then took a damp paper towel and rubbed the paint off of the embossed swirls. I live in Colorado and things dry fast here.
The damask image was cut from white cardstock using my Silhouette. I then painted the image with Silver Adirondack paint and let it dry. My final step was to assemble everything.
For the background of this card, I again applied Distress Inks to a piece of white cardstock. I had cut out the "Rock Star" with my Silhouette for another project and used the negative as a stencil and colored in with Distress Inks. I then stamped a variety of images with more Distress Inks. The wings are from Regal Flourish Set by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous. The heart was cut using my Silhouette. To color the heart I spritzed Fired Brick reinker and water on my craft sheet then rubbed my heart in the pool of color. I then repeated the process with Gold Glimmer Mist.
For this card I used a few techniques that I have described before here on my blog so I'll just list the products. Stamps: La Letter - Hero Arts, Giga Guide Lines - Papertrey Ink, Thank You - Inkadinkado, Inks - Assorted Distress Inks, Noir Palette Ink. Flower: Silhouette. Gem - My Minds Eye, Organza Ribbon - Creative Impressions. Below is a close-up of the flower.
The last card was something a little whimsical. The highland Cow is from the QuicKutz Scotland set. I cut him out of white cardstock and then colored him with Distress Inks and my Ink Blending Tool. The frame is from Spellbinders and the paper was just some random paper I picked up at the store.

I know a little disjointed and maybe a little odd, but I was trying to get this posted while a little someone was napping. Have a great week!







No comments: