Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chick & Arigato Cards

Whew - I am finally finished working and editing from our horse show last weekend. So I am happy to have a day between to post some cards!











So this cute little lady is from the Hero Arts Japanese Dolls set. I really like this set. I have about 15 dolls cut out and laying around my craft room waiting for a full card to be attached to, ah someday. :-)



We'll start with coloring of the main image. She was stamped with black Memento Ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I was trying to emulate the Copic look in my coloring but using Stampin' Up! markers. I would color with the two colors and then blend them with my Aqua Painter. I takes a little practice and quick movement, especially because things dry so fast here in Colorado. Here are the colors that I used - Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Green Galore, & Gable Green.



On a 1/4 sheet of Regal Rose I stamped a small flower with Versamark and embossed with glitter embossing powder. I cut a white bellyband and stamped the same flower in Regal Rose on that, the I cut a Gable Green bellyband and edged it with an EK Success border punch.



The ovals, both smooth and scalloped were cut out using the Quickutz Silhouette. The sentiment was also cutout with the Silhouette. The font is called Heartbreaker.




The base of this card is just simply white cardstock. I brayered the background, using two post-it notes to create the dividing line between the colors. I don't have a ton of experience with brayering as I normally prefer the sponged look. All in all I don't think that it turned out too bad. The chick and her egg shell were cut using Quickutz Silhouette. I used markers to add dimension to the edges and to draw on the eyes. I think that his face has a funny expression but it wouldn't be a card of mine without some personality. I sponged Versamark over the egg shells and then embossed with glitter embossing powder from Stampin' Up.

No comments: