Saturday, June 20, 2009

Even More Damask

Even more Damask!







Here is the breakdown for this Eggplant and Copper Damask card



I began this card with Eggplant Envy cardstock from Stampin' Up. I stamped the damask image with Versamark ink and embossed it with My Sentiments Exactly! Copper Embossing Powder. The damask image was a treasure that I found in the $1 Bin at Target. My husband makes fun of me for my Target $1 Bin obsession but I think that this stamp shows that there are treasures to be found. I then aged the Eggplant card with Eggplant Envy ink and the the very edges with Elegant Eggplant ink.



I mounted the Eggplant Envy & Copper background on a copper sheet of cardstock, I am not sure where this came from, then created a band of Eggplant Envy and Copper on the left-hand side of the card. The die is from Quickutz. I initially cut out the die in white cardstock so I could be sure that it was going to work on the card. I ended up cutting out one whole copy of the image and the a second set of "wings. " The card base is from Very Vanilla cardstock.




To begin this card I started with a quarter sheet of Creamy Caramel I stamped the images by first loading the stamp with Versamark ink and the VersaMagic Chalk ink in Oasis Green, then I embossed with clear embossing powder. I used the Versamark first to give myself a little more working time to fully coat the image with the embossing powder. Once I had stamped each of the flourishes I came back over and stamped a shadow image with Versamark. The stamp set is Kimberly Poloson Flourishes. This is a clear stamp set which makes getting the flourishes lined up a little bit easier. Next I aged the Creamy Caramel with Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip and then Basic Black inks.

To the little sign, the stamp set is Stampin' Up Sage Advice and the quote is from Shakespeare. I stamped the sentiment on a Vanilla piece of cardstock with Walnut Stain Distress Ink from Tim Holtz, I then aged the edges with Tea Dye. I then cut the teal and brown (Chocolate Chip) pieces of cardstock and aged them with the Tea Dye ink. I strung a small piece of black embroidery floss and mounted it on a antique brass brad. The brown ribbon is from Creative Impressions and the card base is from Very Vanilla.

That's it for today - more coming soon!!

No comments: