Thursday, June 04, 2009

Dramatic Cards

Ever since I was a kid, I have always had a thing for drama. Perhaps even tending towards melodrama. I think that I may have been the only kid on the playground that was told, "Stop being melodramatic!" Hey it works for me - these cards help me channel that drama. In our first card, more damask!! I love this Papertrey Ink stamp set.







This is a pretty straight-forward card, I stamped the background image with Versamark and then embossed with a claret embossing powder. This powder came from the Colorado Rubber Stamp Company that is no long in business but I am sure that you could find something similar. Using Versamark
on black isn't easy when lining up your images. I think that I will try this card again to see if I can get my pattern a little bit better lined up. I did stamp and then emboss each image individually, which did help with seeing how everything should line up, but it was still a challenge. Once the background was completed I stamped the larger damask image with Versmark and embossed with SU! silver embossing powder and then cut it out. I layered black and silver SU! cardstock, popped on the gems from Hero Arts and voila, all complete.







The background stamps on these cards are from Fancy Pants. I started by stamping with Versamark and then once that dried I stamped over that with white ink. On these cards I used Cotton White Stazon ink. I used a little ink on the edges to give a little more depth, I selected ink that was just slightly dark then the background cardstock. The branch is a Quickutz die. The branch and background are from a dark brown paper that kind of looks black here. On the red card I ran the die through with white cardstock to get the white bird. Again very simple but I love the look of them. I'll probably make more in different colors.


So, again I think that you can see my wallpaper inspiration in this card. The background stamp set is Papertrey Ink Guide Lines Two. I stamped the alternating pattern with Going Grey and Marvelous Magenta ink on white cardstock. The edging effect was done with two shades of purple, Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant. Then a very light application of Palette True Black ink on the very edges. Belly band is white cardstock with the same edge treatment and layered on Elegant Eggplant cardstock. Sentiment is from the Stampin' Up set Wonderful Words II.

That's it for today - have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: