Friday, June 12, 2009

Inspiration from an Interesting Place

So clearly I called it Aloha for very tranparent reasons. Maybe not super original but I'd like to think that my source for the inspiration is a little more unique.


I love dark beers anything with a really full body - maybe something that could be called chewy, as my friend Jamie would say. This interest is what led me to Kona Brewing Company and their limited edition beer Pipeline Porter. It is make with Kona coffee and was wonderful. Below is the bottle:







(Please excuse the blurry photo, I clearly didn't double check it before I tossed the bottle in the recycle bin)



Here is the card it inspired! Recipe is below the card.



So I would have never guessed that the orange and teal would be so hard to work with - apparently they don't love each other and they cannot touch. The result was some terrible clashing, I really came close to giving myself a headache trying to make it work. Using the brown as a buffer seemed to make everything work together.

Cardstock ~ Sand, Brown, Orange and Teal all from Archiver's, their brand

Stamp ~Stampin' Up! Do The Hula

I used Colorbox Chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, Zing! embossing powder in Chestnut. I colored in the hula girl with Stampin' Up! chalks. The card was finished off with Crystal Stickers Teak Gems.


No comments: