Monday, July 06, 2009

Cards Galore

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July. In the spirit of the 4th of July here is my 4th card.



This was a very easy card. All of the shapes were cut out using my Silhouette Digital Cutter. The font is Mandingo. Very easy, but fun!



I am loving all of the distressed techniques that are popular now. I cut out the emblem shape with my Quickutz Revolution. I stamped the image from Colorado StampN' with True Black Palette ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I watercolored the image using Twinkle H20s in Yellow Rose, Stargazer, Black Orchid and Key Lime. The Lions were watercolored with Stampin' Up Classic ink in Close to Cocoa. I aged the image with Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Aged Mahogany Distress Inks from Ranger. The outer frame was embossed with Zing! powder in Chestnut.



The brads started as simple gold brads that I embossed with Zing! powder in Chestnut twice, and then I embossed with Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. The effect was that the embossing powders created a marbled effect.


On the background, I started with White Cardstock. I sponged on Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and then Aged Mahogany on the very edges. I stamped the corner piece from Regal Flourish by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous and Antique Map Background from Hero Arts in Vintage Photo. I then stamped London from Wordswoth in Vintage Photo and Aged Mahogany. Once I had everything the way I wanted it I spritzed it with water. My final step was to mount the whole thing to a burgundy piece of cardstock and add an organza ribbon from Creative Impressions. Now it took a long time to complete this card but I am really happy how it turned out. I'd like to believe that some of the time was due to the trial and error process.



As you might have noticed, I have been distressing lots of project, so in an effort to do something different I created this card.


The little girl is from Basic Grey and was stamped with Palette True Black and embossed with clear embossing powder. I colored her with my Copic markers. The "Hi" is from the Chic Alpha Set by Fancy Pants. The blue background was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I created another custom brad for this card. I started with a silver brad, embossed in blue glitter embossing powder from Zing!, I did this twice and then into the UTEE powder twice. You can see the detail below. The flowers are from Creative Impressions. The gems are from Hero Arts.


I am hoping to get more cards up tomorrow! Have a great night.

No comments: