Sunday, July 12, 2009

Inspired by Berry Sensation

To begin, I wanted to create a fairly simple card featuring electric green, brown and berry cardstock. The cardstock in this card is all from Archiver's.




The stamps are from The Paper Studio by Stampabilities and are in the Flourish Set. The stamping on the bright green is Basic Brown and the stamping on the berry was done in Versamark. The edging on the brown was done with an EK Success border punch called Scallop Diamond. The organza ribbon is from Creative Impressions and the gems are from K&CO. This is a very simple card but I think that the colors are pretty unique.



Rock Star - girly style!





As in my previous card Yellow Damask, this card has been floating around in my head for awhile. The background is Regal Rose stamped with the Zebra Background stamp by Stampabilities in Basic Black Craft ink and embossed with Black Embossing Powder. I ran a silver metallic pen around the very edge.


Next, I cut a piece of Berry Sensation by Brazzil. I stamped the skull border with Basic Black ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. This stamp is from Inkadinkado's Rock Star Set. I colored in the accents with a pink and silver gel pens from Gel Writer. Next, I cut out an oval and embossed it with Zing! Black Glitter powder. I layered onto that the skull rock & roll image that I stamped with Rose Red and Basic Black inks. I threw on the awesome pink metallic brads. I placed that onto a strip of Regal Rose cardstock that I set six very, very small eyelets. I was going for a rock star belt look. I stamped the top of the card with swirls in Versmark from a set called In My Dreams from Ink by Steph for Fiskars.


I cut out the words from White cardstock using my QuicKutz Silhouette Cutter using a font called Jailbird Jenna. I inked it with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink by Ranger and then Rose Red. I then embossed two coats of Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder and then two coats of UTEE. I cut the shadow in Basic Black using my Silhouette. The star is from a sticker set from EK Success, it was brown which totally wasn't working for my card so I inked it with Black Stazon.

Here is a close-up of the detail on the STAR and star.



1 comment:

Julie Ranae said...

Hi Jennifer...Came by way of SCS...you have a great start to your blog...keep it going!
Hope you will stop by, say hello and follow for awhile...it's a lot of fun!
Julie
juliesopenwindow.blogspot.com