Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Distressed Cards

Hola all you out in Blogger-Land. Here are a few cards for you today.



I have been following the Jennifer McGuire Thinking Inking series over at Two Peas in a Bucket for the last few weeks. These are really neat tutorials and very inspiring. I highly recommend that you check it out. I made this card after watching the series on Ranger Paint Dabbers.

I began with a white piece of cardstock. I stamped the images that appear as white with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. The stamp is from the Flourish set from BoBunny. For the next step I pounced paint onto the card with Gold and Copper paint and then swirled it together using a makeup sponge. I used one of those little wedge ones, it seemed to work very well. Then I let the paint dry, Au natural no heat gun assistance. Then I took a damp paper towel and scrubbed the paint off of the flourishes. I did this same process for the sentiment.

The branch shape is from Quickutz, I cut it out of brown cardstock. I removed an extra bird off another branch and then put gold paint onto it. This I blasted with the heat gun to get the paint to bubble up. Everything was mounted to brown cardstock and voila - all done.




For this card I used my Papertrey Damask set - which I adore, I am sure that you hadn't noticed how often I have been using it. I started with Vanilla cardstock and stamped with Versamark and embossed my damask with Distress Embossing Powder by Ranger in Black Soot. Once the EP sets you go back and rub the release crystals off. Next I aged my back ground with Tea Dye, Walnut Stain and Black Soot Distress Inks by Ranger, between the Tea and Walnut I added Close to Cocoa. Since I did this after I did the embossing powder my sponge was a little worse for wear because the embossing powder is quite ruff. I did this same process to my sentiment block but I used black ink and clear embossing powder, I thought that using the Distress Embossing Powder would make it hard to read.

The brads started as gold brads and I inked them with Versamark and then into black embossing powder twice and then into Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel once. I am really irritated at myself for not getting them straight on the card, but such is life. The metallic paper is by The Paper Co and is called Gilded Rust. I added the black cardstock and then to a Vanilla cardstock base.



This last card today was also created with Distress Inks but I think it has a very different look. I started with a white piece of cardstock and inked my image, from Inkadinkado's Garden Flower set, with Peeled Paint and Worn Lipstick Distress Inks from Ranger. I then spritzed the stamp with water a few times and then stamped. For the edging I swiped my two ink pads on my craft sheet then spritzed with water again and then swirled my paper through the puddles of color, only getting the color on the edges. I added a celery ribbon and attached it to a coral piece of cardstock. Very simple easy card.

No comments: