Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Cards

I feel like I was just so super busy this week. I am glad to get these cards done and up today. As always, thank you for stopping by to take a look.


This card is created with brown and lime green cardstock, I purchased both at Archivers and they are the Archivers brand.

I used the Handful of Henna stamp set from Technique Tuesday. I stamped each piece with Basic Brown ink from Stampin' Up and embossed with clear embossing powder. I then went back and shadow stamped each design with Sahara Sand ink to give a little more depth. I went back in and accented the design with a white, lime green and blue gel pens. It is key to let the gel pens dry before moving on to the next step. I then aged the lime green cardstock with the Basic Brown ink.

Next, I cut the bands in brown and lime green and edged the lime green piece with the EK Success punch Moroccan Lace. I aged the lime green with the Basic Brown ink. I tied around the strips with Organza Ribbon in Brown from Stampin' Up. My final accent for this card was the little gems, they are from Hero Arts.


Surprise! More Damask!

To begin, I started with a piece of white cardstock, I sponged on Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Ink from Ranger. Once the ink dried, I stamped using the Antique Damask stamp from Memory Box with Versmark and then I embossed using Gold Zing! Embossing Powder. This embossing powder is great, very opaque and easy to use.

The background and bellyband papers are Brushed Gold cardstock from Stampin' Up. The off-white band was painted using Antique Linen Distress Crackle Paint from Ranger. Once it was dry I sponged over the painted strip with Tattered Rose and Tea Dye Distress Ink. The small medallion was created by cutting out two circles. The blue one was sponged with Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Inks. I then edged it with a gold paint pen. The gold piece was created by repeatedly embossing the small circle with Gold Zing! powder. On my third embossing pass pressed a stamp from Papertrey's Guidelines Two set in the hot embossing powder. My three brads are custom colored by dipping each brad into the Gold Zing! powder and heating. My last step was stamping the sentiment from Stampin' Up in Faded Jeans.




I am really loving the Alcohol Inks from Ranger, you can create a lot of different looks. I started with a base of glossy white cardstock from Stampin' Up. I sponged on alcohol ink in Eggplant and Meadow, once I had a base layer on I added the Blending Solution and Pearl Mixative on my felt and sponged again. Once dry, I stamped the Compass Rose image, it is from Tattered Angels and is called Tattered Traveler Compass. I used Black Archival Ink from Ranger. I dryed it with my heat gun to set the ink. Next, I poured a little of each color of the alcohol ink onto my craft mat. I only put a little ink on my sheet at a time, as it dries very fast. I then painted with the ink using the Eggplant and Meadow and Silver Mixative.

I had cut a little of the initial cardstock off and used that as my bellyband. I stamped on the bellyband using an image from Technique Tuesday from the Bijou Borders set using Black Archival Ink. I then cut my small square and performed the same inking technique as I mentioned above. Once dry I stamped the central image from the American Crafts set Majestic. I then embossed with clear embossing powder. I added the silver brads and mounted to black cardstock. Once assembled I mounted the base to Eggplant Envy cardstock and then to Sage Shadow cardstock.

No comments: